Monday, December 05, 2005

Warner Yucks it up at the Gridiron Club

Gov. Warner was at the Gridiron Club's winter dinner to deliver the laughs. Nice slam on the President and Sen. Allen: (Hat tip Politicalwire.com)

"One of the things I'm most proud of is my commitment to bipartisanship," said Warner, who has formed a national fundraising committee and visited such key presidential states as New Hampshire and Iowa.

"That's why, if I do run for president, I may ask Senator Allen to be my running mate. Think about it -- what's more presidential than this:

"I'm a red-state governor, who failed at a couple of businesses, and I liked to party too much in college, and I recently got in a well-publicized bike accident," Warner said.

"He's a guy named George who's done nothing more than live off his dad's legacy. Together we wouldn't just get elected president -- together, we already are the president."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares